Just like anything else, moving requires a certain amount of equipment and tools to get the job done. When you have the right tools, the job can be much easier than it would be without them. If you are new to moving and haven’t had much experience with it, you may be wondering what it entails and what equipment do you need to gather to get ready for the big day. Sky Van Lines Moving is here to share our list of must have tools for every move we are entrusted with.
Supplies You Need for Packing to Move
There are likely a combination of small and larger heavy pieces that will be moved when your moving day arrives. Here is a list of some of the tools and equipment you will need and what you will use it all for.
– Furniture/Flat Dolly: This piece of equipment will really save your back as the big flat piece with four wheels can really help you lift heavy items. Many people use it to move couches.
– Moving Hand Truck: With two wheels, this is used to stack several boxes on it and move them all at once without the heavy lifting. Not only that, but you can move other large objects like dressers, armoires and more.
– Moving Straps: Once you have all your belongings in the truck, furniture and moving straps will be used to secure it to the sides of the truck and keep the items from shifting around during transport.
– Furniture Sliders: These small pieces of plastic or felt go on the bottom of the legs on your furniture to protect them against damage during the move as well as the flooring should they be slid around.
– Moving Blankets: You will find that moving blankets are life savers in protecting your furniture against scratches and other dings during your move.
– Plastic Wrap: This is used to secure blankets and offer protection for your furniture as well as some of your pieces of artwork that you will be moving. It is excellent at keeping the drawers in your dresser from moving during transport as well.
– Packing Tape: You can never have too much packing tape during a long distance move.
– Plastic Bags: As you dissemble your furniture, you will find that there is hardware that will need to be saved so that the furniture can be put back together once you arrive at your new home. Make sure you label the bags that you put the hardware in.
– Gloves for Moving: You will want protection for your hands as you do some pretty heavy lifting during a move.
Long Distance Moving in Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Paradise, Spring Valley, Sunrise Manor, Enterprise, Boulder City, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Moving is no small task. When you leave all the heavy lifting to the professionals at Sky Van Lines Moving to handle your long distance move, you don’t have to worry about the equipment listed above. We have all of that and more to make your move a success. Call us today!