Are you preparing for a long distance move? One element to any move is of course the moving boxes. There is more to moving boxes than just picking up a handful of boxes. There is a way you can better determine how many moving boxes you will need. When you are beginning to prepare for a move and need to determine how many boxes you should get. Sky Van Lines Moving will share a few tips on determining how to get the right moving supplies.
How Do I Figure out How Many Boxes I Need to Move?
When you need to determine how many moving boxes you will need there are a few thing you will want to consider. Some of the important factors that will aid you in determining the number of moving boxes you will need are:
• Total Square Feet of Home
• Number of Rooms
• Number of Household
• Lifestyle – Minimalist to Pack Rat
• Years in the Current Home
Downsize & Declutter Home
Many people when they know they are going to move and especially long distances will attempt to downsize their belongings that they plan to bring with them. Many people before a move will either do a moving or garage sale, donate what items they can, recycle or throw away what they can. Downsizing is a great way to reduce the load and moving cost. However, when you plan to downsize, it can make estimating the number of moving boxes a bit more difficult. This is why it is recommended to start every move with downsizing first and as soon as possible. Once you have finished downsizing the move, you will have a better picture of how many moving boxes you will need.
Best Size & Type of Moving Box
Another major consideration is not just how many moving boxes you will need, but what type and sizes. You can find basic moving boxes in many different sizes. The heavier the items, the smaller boxes you will want for them. Then you have your specialized moving boxes which consist of:
• Wardrobe or Clothing Hanging Boxes
• Dishes Cups and Plate boxes that are Reinforced and Sectioned
• Reinforced boxes for Books and Heavy Items
• Boxes that are Sectioned for Mirrors, Pictures, or Paintings
• TV moving Boxes for your Size TV
How Many Moving Boxes Do I Need for a 1 Bedroom Apartment to a 4 or More Bedroom House?
You can get the right moving boxes for the right item which makes packing much easier and safer for the items. To figure out how many boxes you will need for a move there is a basic formula that many moving company’s use. Following are some examples of formulas that can help you determine the number of moving boxes you will need.
• Studio Apartment – 42 boxes, sizes medium to large
• Two bedroom Apartment – 51 boxes sizes, medium to large
• Three bedroom Home – 70 boxes, sizes medium to large
• Four or more bedroom Home – 100 boxes, sizes medium to large.
• With each room, figure two wardrobe boxes per closet or person.